An important step towards emergency preparedness and a PADI Rescue Diver prerequisite the EFR course is a must. Learn serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. Develop confidence in that you are prepared to help in an emergency. First aid, CPR and lifesaving skills are paramount in an adventure sports setting and are very useful for all not just divers.
EFR is a full day classroom based course with self study and knowledge reviews carried out prior to the classroom session and during this time you will:
- Basic Life Support (BLS);
- CPR and rescue breathing at a civilian level and including choking response and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use;
- Preventing & treatment for shock and spinal injury management;
- Use of barriers to reduce risk of disease transmission;
- Bleeding, fracture and illness management;
- Calling emergency services and situation management;
- Environmental injury focussing on diving related problems;
Throughout all of this you will be under direct supervision from a PADI Professional.